Thursday, August 17, 2017

Guess Who's Back, Back Again

We have been the absolute worst bloggers, we know. Seven months without so much as a simple "Don't read this book!" We are shameful. Damned. Worst. 

But! We're back! Here's to hoping we can get at least two posts up each week. (Might require prayers if our track record is an indicator of our future! ;) 

we can visit waterfalls but we can't blog smh
And speaking of hopeless causes, let's jump into our reading challenges for each other! (We actually achieved last year's challenges, so this isn't completely impossible.) When we started the blog we knew we wouldn't be able to write five reviews a week because neither of us read at such an insane rate, so we thought of other content that would be fun to share, and reading challenges was one we thought would be a lot of fun. If you don't remember, with our inaugural challenges Liz needed to read the Harry Potter books and I had to read three of her favorite books

Funny enough, it's pretty.. challenging to come up with challenges for each other. But we manage:

Liz's challenge for Charlotte:

Read a bunch of children's books that Liz loved as a kid. The Secret Garden, Black Beauty, Bridge to Terabithia, Chasing Redbird, and Howl's Moving Castle (and watch the movie, too). Off to the library! 

Charlotte's challenge for Liz:

Read a book by each of the Bronte sisters. We both loved Jane Eyre so much, and when I (Charlotte) read The Tenant of Wildfell Hall I enjoyed just as much if not more than Jane Eyre. So this could be a fun challenge for Liz.  

We'll try to get some reviews up soon, but for now a quick update on what we've been reading lately!! 

Charlotte: The Lord of the Rings trilogy, obviously. What else, what else. This kid/ya series called Fablehaven. I checked it out from the library because I liked the name (I'm a sucker for anything with "fairy tale" "fable" "whimsy" etc written on it.) When I first started reading it I thought it was corny and that I wouldn't finish it, but it quickly sucked me in and I read all five books in a matter of days. Highly suggest! I've also tried to get some Catholic reading in: My Life With the Saints and a blogging for books pick - A Call to Mercy*. 

Liz: Just finished up The Wind Up Bird Chronicles and The Dinner and apparently both were okay! 

Looking Forward... 

We'd like to get at least two posts up per week. Not all of them will be reviews, but we're aiming to write some book-related goodness. Stay tuned! 

*A Call to Mercy - I'd like to just give a brief review here. I started the book and immediately liked it for its wisdom. Mother Teresa was (is!) quite the woman. And beyond advice, her words provide a standard to live up to. I don't always remember to be kind, to forgive, to put others first - reading and rereading this book reminds me to be the kind of person I want to, and need to, be. I highly recommend it, especially if you're Catholic. :) 

See ya soon! 

Liz & Char


No comments:

Post a Comment